Thursday, October 1, 2009

'Inception' in IMAX

IMAX and Warner Bros. Pictures have just announced that Chris Nolan's upcoming film Inception will be released in both conventional theaters and IMAX on July 16, 2010. However, unlike The Dark Knight, Nolan will actually not be shooting any footage in the IMAX format. 




This will be Nolan's third IMAX film, but his first outside of his Batman series. Inception is currently filming in multiple countries and it reportedly has a staggering $200 million budget. Nolan's all-star cast includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ken Watanabe, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Tom Berenger, and Michael Caine. 



Personally, this is my most anticipated film of 2010 so far. In my opinion, this could very well turn out to be another masterpiece for the director. Chris Nolan has proven himself to be one of the best directors working today, but Inception is his first opportunity outside of the Batman franchise to tell an original story from his mind with all of the resources any director could ask for. With the massive budget and remarkable cast, all of the pieces are in place for a memorable piece of filmmaking and storytelling.

5 comments:

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

I have to say that it's Leo and Marion [and Caine to a lesser extent] that are making me anticipate this. I'm neither here nor there on Nolan and I can't call this my most anticipated for next year. Probably Shutter Island, The Rabbit Hole, Brooklyn's Finest and Alice In Wonderland.

Danny King said...

@ Andrew: Those are all up there for me too. Shutter Island would be number one, but I read the book and I'm not sure how the ending will translate on screen.

How many of Nolan's films have you seen?

Anonymous said...

I wonder why he chose not to film in IMAX? Many were naturally anticipating that he would.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

I saw The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins and Memento [he directed that right?]

Danny King said...

@ Anon: I was also surprised to hear that, but Nolan and his crew have expressed multiple times how difficult it is to film in IMAX.

@ Andrew: Yes he directed Memento. I was just curious which ones you have seen because you said you're not on the Nolan bandwagon yet. I feel very confident that Inception will convince you otherwise.

Related Posts with Thumbnails