Monday, October 19, 2009

Trailer for 'That Evening Sun'

As you might notice in my Oscar Predictions sidebar column, today I just added Hal Holbrook to the Best Actor race. After watching the trailer for That Evening Sun, I cannot ignore how powerful his work seems to be. I have him at #10 right now but depending on what kind of release date and how many theaters the film gets, there is potential for him to climb the list. Aside from Holbrook, the film as a whole looks like a captivating experience and I am really looking forward to it. 


The movie is written and directed by Scott Teems.




4 comments:

Darcy Rozen said...

This looks great
It kind of reminds me of Gran Torino though

Danny King said...

@ Darcy: Yeah, you're right on. There's a lot of similarities, but I'm thinking the Southern aspect of it will add something new.

Samantha said...

I saw this at SXSW and it was amazing! Hal Holbrook definitely deserves a nomination from this film. Worth seeing- it opens next week in NYC.

Danny King said...

@ Samantha: Great to hear, this is one I'm really looking forward to. Holbrook looks brilliant, I hope there is enough audience reception for him to be considered for a nomination.

Related Posts with Thumbnails