Sunday, November 1, 2009

Quick Thoughts on 'Antichrist'

I saw Lars von Trier's Antichrist over the weekend and it was a one-of-a-kind experience. The film's beauty is undeniable and the performances of Willem Dafoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg are two of the most powerful and brave performances to be seen in quite some time. I did have to drive about an hour and a half to see this film, and I might even try and watch it a second time On Demand before I write my official review simply because it is such a tough film to digest in one sitting. 

It is ultimately held back by Von Trier's lack of focus in his themes and his purpose. However, the film remains worth seeing if you can stomach the brutal content, but it is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.
 

Check out the trailer below...


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails