Denzel Washington won his much-deserved Best Actor Oscar back in 2001 for playing the corrupt L.A.P.D. detective Alonzo Harris in Antoine Fuqua's Training Day. I have always been a fan of great monologues, and in the scene below, Washington delivers a pitch-perfect rendition of an expertly written speech. In a desperate state, Washington's Harris pours his guts out to the people of his neighborhood. It's well worth a watch, and be sure to check back over the coming days for more of these entries. 


Warning: This film has over 200 uses of the f-word, and the scene below is no exception.







Video: Courtesy of Movie Clips

3 comments:

Univarn said...

I loved Denzel in this, but being such a big fan of Glory, for which he won his first oscar, his moments in there are pretty outstanding.

Candice Frederick said...

omg, I love this movie. Classic Denzel. He coudl seriously have like 5 oscars right now. Hurricane, Malcolm X?

Danny King said...

@ Univarn: I know how much you loved Glory, but I am ashamed to admit I have not seen it.

@ Candice: He's had such a great career. I'm still trying to figure out how he didn't get nominated for his lead performance in American Gangster.

Related Posts with Thumbnails