Friday, April 23, 2010

10 Movie Facts About Me

The "10 Movie Facts" baton has been passing from blog to blog over the past weeks, and I finally found myself mentioned recently by two terrific writers: Anna Long (Blog, Twitter) and Josh Brunsting (Blog, Twitter). Here we go:

  1. I am currently working on my first short film, which will ideally be finished in around a month's time. The script, which is five full pages, is finished, and shooting will begin promptly. I plan to shoot a couple of more shorts over the summer as well.
  2. By the end of the summer, I will have posted my best films of the decade, having hopefully seen as many hyped films from the 2000s as possible over the upcoming few months. My current choice: Requiem for a Dream.
  3. During the summer, I also plan to do quite a bit of reformatting for this website. I don't want to reveal too much too early, but I hope you will stick around to see the cool things I have planed.
  4. I recently attended my first advanced screening in Chicago. It was the Michael Caine thriller Harry Brown. Sitting in the same room as Roger Ebert, Michael Phillips, and many other admirable critics was one of the great honors of my life.
  5. I am currently finishing up a film genres class that ran through second semester. It was a pretty general course, but if there is one that it taught me, it is that I really enjoy classics. Seeing films like Double Indemnity, Some Like It Hot, and On the Waterfront make me itch to see more of them.
  6. The most recent film I have seen that I would consider a personal favorite is Carol Reed's The Third Man. You can expect my more fleshed-out thoughts on that film within the next few days.
  7. On April 30th, Nash Edgerton's The Square comes to the Music Box in Chicago, and I have been waiting for this film for so long. I would be disappointed if my anticipation ends up hurting my experience because, based on his remarkable short film resume, I think Edgerton is a real find.
  8. In my English class, we just finished reading The Great Gatsby, and my teacher called the film adaptation "one of the worst movies" he's ever seen. For those of you who have seen the film, just how bad is it?
  9. My most anticipated film of 2010 remains to be Inception, but based on some early stills, I am growing intriguingly fascinated by the potential of Anton Corbijin's The American. Something about seeing George Clooney play an assassin has my mind working.
  10. In my opinion, 2010 has featured a lot of great movie characters thus far. That doesn't necessarily mean that these are great films, but I am finding that a lot of these characters are sticking with me longer than usual. I'd say Ben Stiller's Roger Greenberg tops my list at this point.
I hope you enjoyed reading these. I would like to thank Josh and Anna again for their mention. Now, for my two mentions, let's go with Matthew Lucas and The Kid In The Front Row.

    blog comments powered by Disqus
    blog comments powered by Disqus
    Related Posts with Thumbnails