There has been quite a bit of buzz surrounding Michael Winterbottom's The Killer Inside Me, a film that stars Casey Affleck as John Ford, a small-town sheriff who also reveals himself to be a sadistic murderer. The buzz has stemmed mostly from the horrific violence that Affleck's character commits towards the women in this film, particularly a prostitute (Jessica Alba) and Ford's schoolteacher girlfriend (Kate Hudson).


The film will receive a limited release on July 18th courtesy of IFC Films, who have handled so many controversial films in the past, from Y Tu Mama Tambien to Antichrist. Give the brief, but admittedly impressive trailer (courtesy of Dailymotion) a watch below. This one is definitely on my summer radar.



6 comments:

Malcolm said...

Hi!

I am Malcolm from The Final Oscar and I am cordially inviting you to a smackdown. It's the SMACKDOWN: 1995 BEST PICTURE. The nominees for that year are:

Apollo 13
Babe
Braveheart
Il Postino
Sense and Sensibility

If you confirm or reject your participation in this smackdown, please reply to this mail. Don't worry! Two weeks will be allotted for watching/rewatching the movies nominated. If you have any inquiries, just mail me at mylastoscar@gmail.com

Submission of Analysis: May 20, 2010
Posting of Results: May 23, 2010


For more details, you can just visit my site: mylastoscar.wordpress.com

Thanks for the time and I hope you'll join!

Malcolm

Fitz said...

I don't know how the violence against Alba and Hudson will be handled, but Afleck in a role like this has my curiousity picqued.

Danny King said...

@ Fitz: It feels like such an eerily good role for him.

James D. said...

Affleck looks to be channeling his Robert Ford, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Nigel said...

chills.

God, I hope there is another facet to Hudson's character besides being a seductress.

Alba's line reading's even make her look weak. that's sad.

Danny King said...

@ Nigel: I find the casting of the female roles to be particularly interesting, especially considering the seriousness of the material. I guess we'll have to wait and see how they do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails