Friday, July 16, 2010

Trailer for Ben Affleck's 'The Town'

2010 could turn out to be a pretty impressive year for Ben Affleck. He will star in John Wells' The Company Men, as well as make his second directorial effort after 2007's acclaimed Gone Baby Gone. His adaptation of Chuck Hogan's novel Prince of Thieves will follow a thief (Affleck) who must balance his feelings for a bank manager (Rebecca Hall) while also fending off an FBI investigation. Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker) and Jon Hamm will co-star.


Affleck co-wrote the script along with Peter Craig and Sheldon Turner (Up in the Air). Warner Bros. will release the film on September 10th.



7 comments:

Fitz said...

Really excited for this one. Affleck covering the criminal world will give me something to watch after Inception leaves theatres.

Anyone else see a letdown in theatres after Inception? I'm not really sold on anything out until September.

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

Interested in this, though the trailer looks a bit tepid.

Hal said...

This trailer was siiiick.

Very excited for The Town. I very much enjoyed Gone Baby Gone.

Funny how the trailer said, "from the acclaimed director of Gone Baby Gone." Guess Affleck still doesn't think people will take his name seriously.

Thanks for posting this.

Candice Frederick said...

i truly think that ben affleck is far better behind the camera than in front of it. this looks good.

Danny King said...

@ Fitz: "The American" comes out September 1st, so hopefully that will cheer you up a bit.

@ Hal: I hear you on that one. I'm not sure having "Gone Baby Gone" in the trailer will make a difference one way or another.

@ Candice: He does often strike me as being uncomfortable on screen. I'm not too sold on his directing capabilities yet either, simply because he has only done one film.

The Movie Titan said...

I saw the trailer to this movie when I went to see Inception. Its looks very interesting. Ben Affleck has really come into his own in terms of directing. I look forward to seeing it.

Danny King said...

@ The Movie Titan: I was a bit disappointed when the trailer didn't show up in front of my "Inception" showing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails